Yoga Retreat & Permaculture Design Course – Anahata – Sept 28 – Oct 13 – 2019
This a transformative 16-day immersion retreat experience designed to Revitalise your Body and Regenerate your Life!
Join us to learn and explore Permaculture – a design system for resilient living that works with nature in a mutually-beneficial way.
At the same time nurture your inner ecology with daily yoga and deep relaxation/meditation class options. Nourish your body with organic vegetarian food in a stunning retreat setting in Golden Bay overlooking the Abel Tasman National Park, South Island.
Led by tutors Robina McCurdy and Guenther Andraschko who have extensive permaculture experience between them – having ‘walked their talk’ with many years of permaculture living. They teach in a way that is clear, informative, interactive and fun!
What’s included in the course:
• 16-day certified Permaculture Course on how to design and live in a sustainable and regenerative way (including designing for climate change; permaculture gardening & food production – food forests, organic gardening and replenishment of soil; sustainable animal systems; property design – small & large, rural and urban; alternate energy systems & technology; natural building; water capture systems & usage; alternate economic models and much more)
• Hands-on practical permaculture activities
• Field trips to local properties that demonstrate permaculture living
• Inspirational, sustainability-themed movie options in evenings
• Daily Yoga, deep relaxation & guided meditation classes led by experienced yoga retreat teachers
• Ancient Vedic Fire Ceremony experience to honour the elements
• Bonus experience of a Deep Ecology Work workshop based on the teachings of Joanna Macy, PhD – world-renowned international author and teacher. See more at www.joannamacy.net
• A day off mid-course to enjoy the stunning scenery and activities in the Abel Tasman/Golden Bay area
• On completion of the course, participants will receive an internationally-recognised qualification in Permaculture: Permaculture Design Certificate
• Held at Anahata Yoga Retreat located in a spectacular natural environment above the Abel Tasman National Park in Golden Bay
• Accommodation and 3 delicious organic vegetarian meals daily included in the price
Robina McCurdy is the founder of the Institute of Earthcare Education Aotearoa, co-founder of Tui Land Trust & Community in Golden Bay, NZ and pioneer of the S.E.E.D (Schools Environmental Education & Development) programme in South Africa and Brazil and has been engaged in community development, organic growing, Permaculture design and tutoring on a global scale for the past 25 years. To hear more about the course and her personal connection to Permaculture read our latest interview with Robina.
Guenther Andraschko is an experienced workshop facilitator and Permaculture and landscape designer. He has over 25 years experience in designing and creating unique outdoor environments utilising Permaculture principles, both in New Zealand and Australia and in a diversity of environments. He brings a wealth of practical knowledge and experience and enjoys supporting others to realise their own Permaculture projects and aspirations.
Sannyasin Atmabhava has been a core member of Anahata Yoga Retreat since 2003 and has comple. He came to yoga because of health reasons and the practical and scientific methods immediately made a strong impression. He is a living example of how health can be transformed through yoga. His passion is in sharing the simple and readily accessible practices that bring about transformation with specific interests in Yogic Lifestyle, Diet & Nutrition, Pranayama, Meditation and Mantra & Kirtan. He enjoys working one-on-one with people to help them find more balance in their lives. He is an experienced adventure guide with a background in ecology; he blends the techniques of yoga with the beauty of the outdoors to inspire connection with our internal nature. Now living on the North Island, he is a regular visiting teacher to Anahata sharing his knowledge and experience.